Monday, August 30, 2010

Treasure Hunt

So these are clues I made for a treasure hunt I had the last day of a summer school program I taught. I am posting this merely for entertainment purposes, but I suppose if you had the exact same things in your classroom that I did you could use these clues yourself :)


            
                                                

If you want to find treasures beyond your wildest dreams
            Then follow my clues no matter how hard they seem
            To find the first clue which will lead you to riches
            Look under the place where your mom can wash dishes!
                                          
            So my first hint was easy, you found the next clue
            But this one is so clever you will not know what to do.
            It is hidden beneath a chair big, soft, and blue
            Where your teacher has sat everyday, it is true!

            Well I see that you’ve found out my secrets again
            But you still have a long way to go till the end
            The next clue is hidden where music does play
            “Kids in Motion” it wails at the dawn of each day!
                                
            Beware of the next clue, it is guarded by creatures,
            In the second and third weeks of school they were featured.
            They are terrible lizards, can you hear their fierce roar?
            Look behind near the orange box filled with dinosaurs!

            You survived the attacks of my dinosaur friends?
            No bother, I will trick you before this hunt ends.
            The next clue is hidden in a place you might know
            At the end of the day you may see my warm glow
            When your teacher puts in your favorite video!

            You are still getting closer to the treasure of mine
            But more clues still await, so keep walking the line
The next clue is hidden in a place you can write
            On top of a board that is big, tall and white

            When I saw you had found the next clue my heart sank
            Just like you will do when you’re walking the plank
            But for now here’s a clue, is that fear on your face?
            The next clue is hidden behind a black poster of space.

Oh no! Now my treasures’ almost in your hands
            I should have buried my riches deep down in the sands
            Well this next line you see is mostly for filler
            You will find the next clue atop one of two pillars.

So the hunt for my gold will soon be at an end
            You have done a great job finding clues my dear friends
            I could have hidden it anywhere in this nation
            The last clue you will find is in a hidden location
            For the last clue is placed where you start out each day
            Where you place your book bags before you come out to play.
                            
            Well your doing better than I thought you would do
            And your getting me nervous, I confess, it is true
            But this next clue will stump you, it will be your downfall
            So look under the chairs for a large colored ball  

            Don’t you get any closer to that treasure my dears
            For your doing so well that you’ll find it I fear
            But you won’t get any closer. Enough! That is it!
            Please, don’t look in the box that is labeled, Cheez-It!!


Congrats to you pirates, you have found the last clue
            And soon you will know exactly what to do
            Where has it been hidden? My maties, don’t fear
            For you will find riches buried right in here
            In a brown box turned over, lie riches beyond measure
            Just pick up the box to reveal all my treasure!





           


         
          

No comments:

Post a Comment